Thursday, October 8, 2015

Homemade Egg Noodles & Lazy Lady Chicken Soup

I know, I know. This is going to sound like a bit of a contradiction, but stay with me here. OK?

This is a recipe for very very very easy homemade noodles. With a very easy soup. That looks very hard. And fancy. What we're all about right folks?

I even lays it up and easy recipe I found because, well, I'm even too lazy to separate a egg yolks from whites. 

2 whole eggs whisked with a fork

6 Tablespoons of cold water 

1 or 2 teaspoons of (I forget the exact measurement, you'll be fine either way)

Mix with fork, in that order then add 2 cups of flour. Mix it with Mr. Forkie fork again. Separate the dough into three balls. You might have to move shit around with your hand for a little while so that it all comes together. 

I used two of my three balls for my chicken soup recipe. Ball number three: maybe it will turn it into a buttered noodles dish for dinner tomorrow night? Right now, not important. 


Roll out your go, and then cut it with a pizza cutter into noodles. Place the noodles on the floured cookie sheet so that they don't stick, and have a little time to dry out while you make your soup. 




Hella Easy Chicken Soup

First off, I would like to think Costco for all its enduring chicken support. Without your help I might've actually had to cook chicken from scratch on my own, you saved me!

Pick up your Costco chicken from the refrigerator where you put it last night. Scrape up all that wierd jelly goop into your pot. Seriously, don't laugh, this is the stuff our grandmothers fed armies with. 

Chicken jelly goop in the pot, then add an onion and four cloves of garlic. If you're cooking for my boyfriend who is ill, add a dash or three of chili flakes. Add some salt from the plate were you made salted rim's for margaritas the night before (waste not want not). 

Once they all feel friendly, add three chopped up ribs of celery and at least that many carrots, I prefer more carrots and celery, personal choice though, I know. Add a bay leaf, a little sprig of rosemary from your garden, a few sprigs of thyme or whatever green things you happen to have growing. 



Then dump in one can of low-sodium chicken broth. If you're anything like me even though it says low-sodium it's too salty. Or that might have been due to my earlier margarita salt. Either way, balance it out with enough water to make it palatable. Bring to a boil.

Add a bunch of chunks of chicken from our delightfully pre-roasted bird. I added both wings one drumstick and a bit'o' breast meat for variety. 

Cook it till it's all warm and smells delicious. At this point sick boyfriend might start anticipating deliciousness. Five minutes before you're ready to eat gently put your noodles into the pot. Once they're there for 5 to 7 minutes, you are good to go.

Nothing, nothing impresses me more than homemade noodles. Sadly this is even true when I make them. 

Cheers to a balanced life, balanced soup, and balancing pre-made cheats with homemade egg noodles of awesomeness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment